The candidate for Quality Systems Specialist will work under the direction of the VP of Quality, and will be responsible for reporting on performance of the quality operating system to management for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, Work Instructions and Forms in the Document Control System for the Corporation.
- Assist the Quality Team in all functions for establishing, implementing, and maintaining the Corporate and Facility Quality Systems in accordance with the ISO 9001 quality system standard and OTR’s Total Quality Management System.
- Monitor and assist with input of all Quality Performance data for all locations including Internal Scrap Data, Supplier Rejects, Supplier Chargebacks, Customer Complaints information, Warranty data, etc
- Assist other Quality Department personnel in implementation of all new Quality System Requirements
- Ensure minutes are taken for each Corporate Management Review Meeting
- Initiate Corrective Action Requests form each Management Review Meeting
- Ensure an Internal Quality Audit Program stays on schedule and all records are maintained for the Corporation.
- Report all non-conformances to the supplier using NCR format and track closure of SCARs with Q.E.
- Chargeback supplier for non-conformances and monitor chargebacks to ensure accuracy and closure with accounting department.
- Monitor hold area for any item that may be supplier issues.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Quality Operating System (QOS).
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000, including the ability to interpret and effectively communicate ISO 9001, Quality Procedures and customer requirements to all plant personnel.
- 3-5 years in a IATF 16949, TS 16949 or ISO 9001 environment
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading, Metrology, statistical process control (SPC), 8-D problem solving, and Quality Operating System (QOS).
- Experience with MSOffice and Program management software.
- Ability to execute Continuous Improvement techniques to improve processes
- Ability to champion problem solving processes (e.g.: 8D) to resolve customer issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation.