This position is accountable for support of the team-buying relationship and process, interfacing with suppliers, obtaining delivery commitments, generation of orders to suppliers, as well as acting in a support capacity for the more senior members of the team as needed. Specific responsibilities include:
- Resolve differences with suppliers on terms favorable to OTR. Compiling data and reports, to achieve the objectives of the department.
- Telephone and e-mail communication with the suppliers as well as OTR team members.
- Negotiate, secure, and follow up on supplier commitments to ensure timely deliveries of quality products while building strong supplier relations.
- Objective to have reduced lead time, reduced inventory, product and deliveries required with the lowest overall cost.
- Prioritize and follow up on material shortages to ensure timely delivery to minimize production slowdown or stoppages.
- Create and distribute orders to suppliers and freight company.
- Handle supplier requests for price changes to orders.
- Provide analysis and documentation for the VP of Purchasing and Purchasing Manager to review.
- Must work effectively with multiple teams for successful department and company goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and often with team members and with supervisors.
- Maintains positive rapport with suppliers to effectively troubles shipment or delivery issues.
- Special projects – Work with management on project management/special projects as necessary to accomplish goals.
- Work closely with Quality and Logistics to ensure goals are met.
- Support Management by means of various reports, creation of spreadsheets, and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/college degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related procurement and purchasing, preferably in a related industry.
- Ability to participate as a team member as well as leader in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Knowledge and functional use of MS Office tools
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving/resolution skills.